Teaching Noori his colors, but he really showed me

So I feel like he should know them by now. It seems like he doesn't, but maybe he does after all. At the breakfast table there was an orange, a glass of orange juice (really, agua de sabor- orange flavored water, and an orange goldfish (the real thing, not the snack).

Me: What color is the water?
N: Blue.
Me: It's orange.
N: Orange.
Me: What color is the fruit?
N: Blue.
Me: It's orange.
N: Orange.
Me: What color is the fish?
N: Blue.
Me: It's orange.
N: Orange.

We repeated this one more time, but I got the same results. So we did it again. I have been avoiding telling him he's wrong and just correct him instead, but this time, I decided to see what would happen if I let him know he was wrong.
Me: What color is the water?
N: Blue!
Me: No......
N: Oh, purple.
Me: No, it's orange.
N: Oooooh, orange.

Me: What color is the fruit?
N: Blue!
Me: No....
N: Purple!
Me: No...
N: Naranja!!

Me: pretty much speechless and didn't know how to respond to that! We were practicing in English so I never said naranja.

Me to N: Yes, that's right, it is a naranja. You know more than you want mommy to know you know, isn't that right? :-P

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts